Catskills and Hudson Valley Real Estate - A Tour Via Fireplace
Fall has arrived and it's just about time for our first indoor fires of the year. Sometimes a client's search for a home in the Catskills and Hudson Valley revolves entirely around a single feature; the fireplace. It's that important! A fireplace in the right place, in the right style, and of the right size is integral to many people's vision of "home". So, in honor of the crisp air I've clicked and sorted and pulled together a pile of properties with fireplaces to suit every taste and budget. Just imagine spending an afternoon in front of each one of these.
P.S. most of these homes have a lot of other great features as well.
- I love the neat and tidy look of this tiled fireplace, in no small part because it reminds me of a similar one at my favorite falafel place in Rhinebeck (Aba's Falafel - don't miss it)! This one's in Bearsville. 59 MacDaniel Road, Bearsville
- This is the spot to relax after a day of horseback riding. Put up your feet and toast your tired toes! 80 Fleming Road, Rensselaerville
- So, so charming. This cottage in Ghent is a delight. 1572 Route 66, Ghent
- This sleek stone fireplace is calling out to all those book lovers with fleece blankets. 22 Hemlock Ridge, Woodstock
- Tradition! This is just one of several amazing fireplaces in a classic stone colonial in Kerhonkson. 1250 Berme Road, Kerhonkson
- Two things: 1 - take a dip in the indoor pool and then warm up by the fire, 2- I like how the fireplace is an accessory here. The focal point? An ottoman perfect for endless games of Monopoly or Katan. 230 Boice Mill Road, Kerhonkson
- The perfect spot to read some Shakespeare! Side note, don't miss the incredible gardens at this house! 496 John Joy Road, Woodstock
- Nice rocks! 103-105 Broadhead Road, West Shokan
- Fireplaces count. This sunny room is so warm and welcoming. 103-105 Broadhead Road, West Shokan
- Fireplace inserts get a bad rap! Look how attractive this one is, and they throw a lot of heat and are more efficient than an open fireplace. 3 Loops End, Windham
- Two for one! Sometimes you want every area to be cozy. 25 High Point Road, Windham
- Wood and entertainment storage were thoughtfully incorporated into this fireplace design. Very practical. 351 North Settlement Road, Ashland
Amy Wallace - Marketing Director